members info board No 1 (for want of a better title)
Members Information Board…
- SPRING/SUMMER LAUNCH TIMES: is now 7pm on the water as there is plenty of daylight.
- CONWY ASCENT: Not much time left for training now as this is on Saturday 17 May. If you are not doing the race or tour could you please help on the day? Please let me know whether you will be paddling, helping out or unavailable.
- CLUB PADDLES AND SPRAYDECKS. If you have any of these at home from last season could you please bring them back as we are starting to get busy.
- TEMPEST KAYAKS. These still paddle OK but none of the seats will move! We are working on sorting this out but in the meantime they are less adaptable. The footrests will move on three of them to give some adjustment.
- SIGNING ON AND OFF WATER sheets: Please can everyone sign IN and OUT for each paddle (we do need to ensure this is a regular habit please).
- WOODWORK SKILLS: If anyone with joinery skills has time to make some small X supports to put the boats on outside the container while we are sorting them out then that would be much appreciated.
- GEIRIONYDD DAY is Sunday 15 June. A good chance to try different boats and to bring your friends and family along to have a go too.
- PADDLE SUPERVISORS A reminder that the following people are deemed capable by the committee of supervising other paddlers. Supervision should always be 1 to 1: Please remember, These people have the right not to supervice for any number of reasons, which can be adverse weather, or “not while I’m in this boat”, or just “not tonight”. If you feel you should be on this list but are not then please let me know
Alison Davies, Chris Gash, Marion Gash, Denise Harris, Alison Haynes, Jane Kenney, Sue Kenwell, Harry Marshall, Kev Owen, Kamala Sen, Roger Sheers, Kevin Skuse, James Whittaker, James Wingfield, Penny Wingfield.
- INDEPENDANT (INTERMEDIATE) PADDLERS: A reminder that the following people are deemed capable by the committee of looking after themselves (but are still advised to paddle with others and are expected to stay with the group on club paddles):
- Ben Beachell,
- Dave Culwick,
- Geoff Fielding,
- Ann Finch,
- Robin Jones,
- Bev Kelly,
- Pat Lumb,
- Nefyn Williams,
- Gareth Bowyer,
- Rob Collister
OTHER PADDLERS NOT IN EITHER OF THESE LISTS NEED TO BE ACCOMPANIED BY A SUPERVISING PADDLER UNTIL THEY GET THEIR COMPETENCE SHEET SIGNED OFF BY A SENIOR CLUB MEMBER
See you all soon